Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Block'N'Roll

So...hey.

I...I meant to call.  Or text.  Or write.

God, how I meant to write.

Unfortunately, I got a case of Jenny from the Writer's Block and it's crushing the organ that makes my imagination work.  If it makes you feel any better, instead of blogging, I've been staring at this little flashing cursor waiting for my fingers to make some magic.  But, nothing.  I've been unable to finger my blog.

Writer's block is a funny thing.  I've had plenty of ideas for posts - but then nothing happens.  It's like coming up with the first half of a really great analogy, but then...stuff?


What have all of you been doing to fill the void left in your lives as The 'Neck has been on hiatus?  Did you drink too much whiskey and get teary-eyed watching Friday Night Lights?  No.  Er.  Me either, then.

No, I've more or less been doing what I always do - balancing a steady diet of devastating good looks and rock-solid punctuality.

Maybe that is my problem.  Maybe my punctuality has been holding me back.  They say good things come to those that wait.  Maybe I need to just make people wait on me for once - then something good will happen.

Then again, I made you wait four weeks for this blog post.

And this is all you have to show for it.

So maybe I'll go back to being on time - instead of wasting yours.

The 'Neck is back.  And ready to be Read.

3 comments:

Allison M. said...

bringing the neck back....sung to Justin Timberlake's sexy back.

Moooooog35 said...

I've been busy knitting you a cap out of dead skin.

Send me your address.

HURRY. This thing smells.

TB at BlueCollarWorkman said...

My 6 year old was running around the house singing, "I'm still Jenny from the block!" a coupel nights ago. My 10 year old was chasing her with a pillow yelling, "Stop it! Stop it! Daddy, tell her to stoooooop!" So uh yeah, great song. Or something.