Friday, October 19, 2007

How Many Octobers Are There Again, Dane Cook?

And how many postseasons? I forget - it would be great if you could run the same commercial 600 times a game so that I could get that drilled into my head, thaaaaanks.

Random Thoughts on a hungover Friday:

Why do I get hangovers from drinking only a few beers? I was being responsible last night, kharma, now hold up your end of the deal.

When you take away being wasted and all the bad dancing, being at a bar is just a lot of nodding and pretending you understood the person next to you. Does this mean deaf people are partying all the time? (That one might have been a low blow)

A friend of mine wanted me to join eHarmony as a test to see how the people on there actually are but I refused, "I have too much self respect for that shit." I said. But where the hell do people meet these days? I never meet anyone interesting at the bar and it is an extremely intricate maneuver to get a phone number in daylight hours without sounding like a skeeze. A friend told me the best way to is to be introduced through friends - so I now blame my singleness on you - get hotter friends, Reader!

The Cleveland Indians cancelled Rocktober. I had to miss Jason Isbell and the Drive-By Truckers and Ryan Adams would be game 3 of the World Series (if we make it). I feel dirty picking sports over music - if 17 yr old goth Jeff could see 24 yr old sports Jeff he would be PISSED. He wouldn't do anything about it though - some things never change.

When the hell did the leaves change color? Fall is my favorite time of year and I just now noticed the leaves had changed and were falling. What the hell! Luckily there is more than one October - wait...whats that, Dane Cook? Aw Shit.

2 comments:

Allison M. said...

Match.com...not EHarmony. Don't know it til you try it. It would be one hell of an experiment. All my friends are slutty, married or too high-maintenance. You do still want to be friends after a date with one of them, right?

Anonymous said...

I think he would be okay with meeting any and all of your slutty friends.