Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Going Bananas

I've learned a ton about fruits and vegetables lately.

First - apple seeds.

Then, peas.

After that, I was reading about blueberries.  

I became more engrossed - prunes, limes, peaches, oranges, onions, mangoes.  My browser history read like a really boring advertisement for Fruit of the Loom.

Each week became more interesting - reading about how they grew, how they developed, the specific ways they survived and matured.

Now I've learned that this is the week my little pomegranate grows eye lashes and can sense light.

Babies.  If you didn't get it.  I'm talking about babies.  Specifically my baby.

Well, not MY baby.  I don't own it.  It is the baby in which I created.  Laaaaaaadies.

And it has been damn exciting watching it grow from a pea to an apple to a pomegranate.

Although there is a tinge of fear in my wife's eyes as she reads the weekly updates.

She's afraid of the week we learn about watermelons.  

8 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats to you and your wife! The really really really good husbands read all about the daily developments of their "fruit of the loin". Have fun!!

Christina K said...

Congrats! My fruit is a pineapple right now. I highly recommend giving the baby a ridiculous nickname. It's awesome when people think that's your actual name for the baby.

Fizzgig said...

wow, congrats!! watermelons reminds me of growing up, when my Mom told me if I ate watermelon seeds, I'd have a black baby if I ate black ones, and a white baby if I ate white ones. I loved Michael Jackson, so I ate all the black watermelon seeds I could find!!

stealthnerd said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Fasten your seat belts dude. The roller coaster is just now creeping up the incline. Hope your ride has a lot of joy. Large Louie

SandiHensel said...

Can't wait to babysit.

Amanda M. said...

Congrats!!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Congrats and good luck!