Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Redneck Log 9/12

In Delphos when you pass a stranger on the street you both nod and say, “Hello!”

In Cleveland when you pass a stranger on the street you divert your eyes and say, “Sorry, buddy, I'm out of change.”

I am headin back to the hometown for a long weekend for our yearly town festival. We slap a block-long tent selling alcoholic beverages across main street - the money raised is just enough to put up another beer tent over the 4th of July.

I will finally get to see my new nephew Luke for the first time and spend some quality time with my three yr old nephew Jack this weekend. This month has been a kick in the ass for your fearless hero and if there is one thing my family won't do is give me any sympathy. Catching some shit from the old man and being bossed around by a three yr old sounds like a helluva weekend. The big city is great and all - but a few days behind an impact wrench, killing some Bud Heavy and teaching the nephew dirty words might be better for me than crawling inside of $5 Crown and Cokes.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Land of Cleves - but in the last month I have completely overhauled my diet, started working out, hit my stride at work and become born again single - sorry, buddy, I'm out of change.

1 comment:

Hot Coffee Girl said...

Can you bring the city folks back some souvenirs? Some nifty belt buckles or something?