Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jack Frost

Fun fact -

71% of the Earth's surface is covered in water.

And

71% of my body is covered in fur.

We are the world!

Being half-wolf is not so convenient when it is 95 degrees out for two straight weeks.

Needless to say, we've had the air conditioning running like a fat kid after the ice cream truck.

But here is my problem with the glorious invention that is air conditioning - when you want more of it - do you say you want to turn it up (as in - turn up the power of the air conditioner) or down (as in - make the temperature less).

Me being a rockstar - I think of everything in terms of volume; so when I want more A/C, I tell the Lady Friend to "Turn that motherfucker up! WOOOOOO!" and then I play air guitar and do the splits a la Diamond David Lee Roth.

But couldn't that mean to turn the temperature up? Just the thought sends a stream of sweat running down my back. I want my house so cold my nipples actually frost over.

Besides, I need to cool off after chasing that ice cream truck.

6 comments:

Jason said...

Frost over... I prefer it so cold mine could cut diamonds.

Fizzgig said...

i get confused with the a/c thing too when people want a conference room colder, ill call facilities and say turn up the air, and then th ey call to tell me they are still hot.

i cant keep it straight.

Heff said...

One word : NAIR.

Christina K said...

Context is everything. When I tell my hubs to "turn that mofo up because I have swass," he's usually not confused. :)

Guy said...

This is not an issue. "Turn up the AC" means "turn up the AC"—not "turn up the temp." The real confusing thing is when people start talking about turning down beds.

Nej said...

Turn that bad boy up! More cold = more a/c. Up = more!! :-)