Thursday, June 16, 2011

Splitting Hairs

There are a few things a man should have as he nears his 30's.

A suit.

A 401k.

A set of tools.

And - a haircut.

I don't have a haircut.

That doesn't mean I don't GET haircuts. I get haircuts all the time, and the people who cut my hair do a great job.

But I don't have a "look". Sometimes I get it cut short, sometimes I let it grow, sometimes I spike it up, sometimes I comb it to the side, sometimes I put my left arm in, I take my left arm out, I put my left arm in and I shake it all about.

By the time a guy hits 30, he normally has the haircut he'll have for the rest of his life.

I turn 28 in two weeks, and I don't have that haircut. I'm going to go through the rest of my life constantly changing haircuts like those awkward 50 yr old guys that suddenly grow a goatee - except in my case, I'll be rocking jorts, white tube socks and the Flock of Seagulls haircut.

Then I'd just have my suit, 401k and be a total tool.

4 comments:

ClevelandPoet said...

the only thing I really have of those is a haircut.

hell I don't even have a job.

well that's depressing. Thanks a lot. I'm gonna go stare at my faux hawk now.

Ed said...

Does shaving your pubes count?

Jez said...

I've got a variety of haircuts. I like to mix it up.

Peggy Sage said...

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all important infos. I’d like to see more posts like this