Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In The Bag

You know what industry hasn't been hit by the recession?

The bagpipe industry.

I see all kinds of homeless guys in the street playing guitar, saxophone, bongos, trumpets - if I didn't know better, I'd say the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are roaming the streets of Cleveland begging for change.

But I never see bagpipe players.

Probably because they're too busy being baller.

Granted, the ceiling of a bagpipe player is pretty low - there is no bagpipe version of Kenny G.  And bagpipes aren't going to get as many chicks as, say, a keytar player, but in these tough economic times, it pays the bills.

And that's more than the Mighty Mighty Bosstones can say right now.


2 comments:

Brent said...

If you wear a skirt I'm thinking the chick-getting potential should elevate by a few standard deviations.

Anonymous said...

"Cock of the North?"... "I'll not have that cheesy tune." Sir Alec Guinness in TUNES OF GLORY. Large Louie