Tuesday, June 18, 2013

30 for 30 on the 30th Parts 12-17

I'm running out of ways to tell you I'm doing a countdown of the 30 things I should have / do before I turn 30 on June 30th.  So I'm just going to tell you that I'm doing a countdown of the 30 things I should have / do before I turn 30 on June 30th.

Consistent with most of my life - I've procrastinated and now need to crank out 19 of these things in the next week and a half.  So let's do rapid fire!

Things I should have:

A favorite cookbook.  My wife is 100% Italian - I'm eating homeade sauce and meatballs every night.  My favorite cookbook is getting used as a placemat. #Humblebrag #BlogHashtagsDontMakeSense

A decent set of pots and pans.  And just clap your hands and just clap your hands.  Where it's at. 

An emergency kit in the trunk of his car.  I drive a truck, like a damn man.  I ain't got no trunk.  Put that on your list and smoke it.

A hobby that does not include a television set or a 6-pack of beer.  All that leaves are crappy hobbies.  Why do I need a boring hobby to turn 30 when I have a bunch of awesome ones that involve TVs and beers?

A trusted barber or hair stylist.  I don't have enough hair left to screw it up.  Maybe you should think about your target demographic when making this list, jerks. 

A pair of jeans that makes his butt look good.  My butt always looks good.  I don't need jeans to make it look good - jeans need my butt to make them look good.
 
Things I should do: 

Lived in another country.  I grew up in a town of 6,000 people that was an hour and a half from the nearest big city.  And that city was Toledo.  TOLEDO, PEOPLE.  I'd argue the difference in my hometown to my current one are about as large as that to any foreign country. 

Throw a memorable party.  When I was 16 I had a bunch of buddies out to my property and got busted for underage consumption.  My criminal record sure remembers.

Empty your pockets for a worthy cause.  I don't think any worthy cause wants a dirty handkerchief, two nickels, and a gum wrapper.

Camp out under the stars for a week.  Done it.  Though this part sounds much better than the "wake up with no where to poop" part. 

Bid at an auction.  I didn't BID on an auction but we auctioned off some farm land once.  It's a lot scarier being on the other side of the bidding process.  The "please someone raise their hand, oh god why is no one raising their hand, oh sweet lord what just happened" side.

Overcome a fear. My only real fears are spiders and confrontation.  And getting old.  Maybe I can extend this list to 40 things...50?  PLEASE?















No comments: