I had the privilege of spending not one, but two evenings with everyone's favorite blogger, Alexa, from Cleveland's a Plum. Here are some highlights:
- Her hoping the guy at the jukebox would play some "Jay-Z or Vampire Weekend or something". Because those are so related. I'm into all kind of music but can't quite make the jump form indie rock to gangster rap that quickly. I coined her musical taste as "Hipster Hop". Which also sounds like something my grandma would say.
- In an extended analogy of blogging being a lot like high school, we had a ten minute argument over whether she would be the Prom Queen or MC. Either way I'm the drunk guy who is drinking a flask in the boys' room. Who wants to get lucky?
- Her insisting I suck on a lemon after taking her favorite shot - a "Chocolate Cake". The shot does taste exactly like chocolate cake but why would I suck a lemon after that? Who adds lemon to their chocolate cake? If I were in a normal social situation and licked salt off of my hand, ate cake and then sucked a lemon people would think I was a special needs kid. Or Ben Stiller (was that redundant?)
- Alexa wearing a black shirt. Both nights. I talked to a guy who said one time in the 80's she wore an actual color but I find that hard to believe. Whatever she has against Roy G. Biv runs deep.
- After two hours of talking about the 20SB meet-up like it was a Jonas Brothers' concert I made the comment, "we are driving 6 hours to hang out with people we met online." When you put it like that it kind of makes it sound like a Star Trek convention.
- Alexa - "I met Winona Ryder one time."
Me - "Did she say anything about me?"
Alexa - "No - do you really think she is hot? Even though she is a kleptomaniac?"
Me - "The only thing she stole is my heart."
Alexa - "Seriously, stop it."
I don't know why she was so mean - Ben Stiller would have thought that was funny.