Monday, February 4, 2008

Celebrity

This weekend a peculiar thing happened. Someone recognized me from my blog.

Now don't get me wrong, Reader, I am often recognized from the time I spent as a tube sock model in the 90's, and for that time I won the Super Bowl; but being recognized for the blog is a wee-bit different.

Why is it different you ask? Simple - anyone who reads this lil slice of heaven on a regular basis knows that I get a bit personal on here now and then. So I am entering into the conversation with the other party knowing entirely too much about me. I used the phrase antsy in my pantsy TWICE in this blog - I don't need that to be the only information someone is armed with in meeting me.

So to anyone who reads this (first off - I feel bad for you) if you see me in public - please blurt out something embarrassing when we meet so that I don't feel completely exposed.

Of course if I've been drinking then the reason I feel exposed is because I'm not wearing any pants - so feel free to go about your business.

8 comments:

Momo said...

Stop it! You're such a VIP!

"Weeeeeellllllll..."

Anonymous said...

Now you've used "antsy in my pantsy" 3 times... for the record.

Fame can be dangerous when people start recognizing you that's why I choose to never be a top athlete, actor, tv personality or plumber.

That and the lack of talent thing.

Allison M. said...

all because of me!

even pretty girls need to read said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
even pretty girls need to read said...

Let's be real, when you encountered celebrity, the next thing you did was whip out your glossy 8x10 and offer them an autograph : )

Narm said...

Momo - Weeeeellllll hahaha. I feel like I need to start dressing better - any idea where I could get a nice leather jacket?

Jason - I feel your pain. Ahhh the joys of being uncreative white guys.

Allison - Thank you for making me feel like a celebrity. There are already pictures of me not wearing underwear on Perez Hilton.

Claire - I don't do that anymore - I find too many people just sell them on ebay.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

getting recognized from my blog is a serious fear of mine. i don't know what i'll do if it ever happens.

maybe you should start carrying around a sharpie just encase you get asked for your autograph.

Momo said...

Nom. I just saw the PD thing.

You just took celebrity to a whole new level.

And I am creeped out -- not gonna lie.