Sunday, December 14, 2008

You Best Be Douching

In my high school and college days, back when Nickelback was named Creed, I put my rugged good looks and piercing eyes to use by having a few radio shows.  I realize that my face being on the radio is just a waste of a good beard, but I did my best to keep the kids entertained.

In high school my talents were relegated mostly to weather reports and high school sports scores (unless you are a girl reading this - then I was a local sports hero and homecoming king).  It wasn't until I joined forces with the University of Toledo's campus status, WXUT, that I got what everyone feared - full control over what went on the air.  

Part of my responsibilities at WXUT (well the ones that I actually did) were to review new music that came in - this includes commercial albums and local drivel.  One day the following morsel was delivered to our office - and became the opening and closing track of my show for the next two years (just barely edging out Seal's "Kiss From A Rose".  Anything I could write would not do this song justice, so without further adieu - please enjoy Chick Boyd's "You Best Be Douching".


If Chick Boyd is out there, still playing that drum machine like it is a beautiful woman - then I hope I am fulfilling your legacy by bringing this song back to light.  

18 comments:

B said...

I wish I could've played on the radio! I tried to get an internship but I was in the wrong major. :(

Pretty Unfamous said...

Oh lord. You would have given this a Grammy, wouldn't you?

Anonymous said...

That.was.awesome.

Himbo said...

Lol! I don't even know what to say to that.

LBluca77 said...

HAHAHA You should play that song to all future dates.

Anonymous said...

I worked in radio for three years, having started my junior year of high school. I mostly worked on the tech side of everything and did some on-air gigs, but I never got anything THIS good. Damn the Mormon company I worked for!

Gilahi said...

Before Nickelback was Creed, weren't they Stone Temple Pilots? And I think before that they might have been Pearl Jam.

Moooooog35 said...

"..playing the drum machine like it's a beautiful woman..?"

I'm supposed to beat this broad with sticks?

Huh. All this time I've been trying to screw her.

Matt said...

You should bring the beard back.

Fizzgig said...

so thats a real song, or someone you know? classic!

Allison M. said...

I only lasted 50 seconds.

Angie said...

You are one classy sh*t.

Unknown said...

Lyrical genius.

Kellie said...

That rules. It is way too funny for me to even finish listening to it here at work b/c I'm dying and my boss is giving me a look...

Rahul said...

If I had sound I would imagine this to be awesome..but since I don't I've mad eup my own lyrics...

Let's go douching now, everyone is learning how,

come on and go douching with me.

come on and go douching with me.

Its like "surfin' Safari"

dmb5_libra said...

what a beautiful song.

fiona said...

Douching is much more lyrical than Bideting (if that's not a word it is now)

Unknown said...

This might be the greatest piece of audio I have ever heard in my entire life.