Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sporting Chance

A buddy of mine texted me last night and said, "If the Cavs screw this game up I'll eat my hat."

A few minutes after the game was over he sent another message - "Do you have any ketchup?"

The Cavs loss, coupled with a dinner that consisted of 7 different kinds of wine, has left me a bit underwhelmed with life today. I mean, if I can't believe in 5 guys I'll never meet being paid millions of dollars to play a game - what CAN I believe in?

So I'm asking y'all for help today. Cheer me up. Make me believe. Tell me it will be ok. Give me a shoulder to cry on while secretly hoping this turns into a makeout session.

And pass the ketchup.

12 comments:

bossa said...

Perhaps you should try making voodoo dolls of the opponents? I mean, some people might think it's too extreme and all that jazz but after all - it was their fault, wasn't it? And no, I haven't done it myself... but you should totally go for it. You deserve it!

(this is why I can't understand why my friends come to me for advice.)

Matt said...

Your buddy is going to need hot sauce to be able to get that brim down.

Thats the toughest part...

or so I hear.

JustinS said...

At least Clay Bennett didn't buy your team.

B said...

so. sports is totally beyond me. but what I do know is that tittays make everything better

in other words, think of cleavage. well, cleavage with nipples. otherwise known as boobs.

Maxie said...

Let's play a prank on Alexa or something. I bet that would make you feel better.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Did the mean sports people disappoint you?

Poor Narmy. *pat*pat*

Bethie said...

It'll be OK Narm. Remember that the ladies love a fan of Cleveland sports, as you are familiar with sticking with difficult situations through thick and thin, in good times and bad, without straying.

Rahul said...

Jeff Gilooley is available.

Kellie said...

Ass, titties, ass and titties. Ass, ass, titties, titties, ass & titties.

Aren't those 2 of your favorite things?

Fizzgig said...

probably boiled hat would be easiest to eat.

remember the book how to eat fried worms? that was awesome.

all the superfudge books remind me of when the teacher use to read to us and .......ok nevermind.

go cavs.

Heff said...

Let's just go straight for the makeout session. I really don't need much foreplay.

Jez said...

Man, I wouldn't start getting hung up on this just yet. Think...what if the Cavs win the whole shebang and then LeBron leaves Cleveburg? Think about how bad that town will suck then.

Know that I am pulling for the Cavs, though, because 1) I don't really like basketball, and 2) I think LeBron will stay in Cleveland, especially if they win.